Saturday, March 27, 2010

We've been adjusting to our new life for two weeks now. It gets easier day by day. Still a lot of work, but you won't hear me complaining. This is how it is, this is how what we wanted, this is what we love.

In the midst of the "organized" chaos I found a quiet moment w/ Myles. I actually find many quiet moments w/ him since in our family we decided to divide and conquer. Chad cares for the twins, while I care for the newborn. Split down the middle until I'm fully recovered and don't have any restrictions.

During that quiet moment I found myself singing to Myles. Actually singing! It was my version of Your Song by Sir Elton John. When I realized what I was doing I enjoyed it even more. Because I have to analyze everything, and yes I waited until this moment had passed, I started thinking about mothering the twins when they were his age. I couldn't pinpoint a quiet moment with them, where I was leisurely singing to them. I sang to them, but in a different tone. It was to either cheer them up, or get them to fall back asleep. It was a song of survival and hope. Sink or swim.

I equally love my three sons and I am eternally thankful. I am also thankful that I've been blessed with one baby this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment